Friday, November 14, 2008

Vasu is Greedy! Oopsss!


वासु को नूडल्स बहुत पसंद हैं
Those who have children aged between 2 to 6 must already know about "Bubbles" and all those who have read Bubbles might have also read one of the books in the series titled "Bubbles is Greedy." One of our story time (just before going to bed) shared this story recently. And that kind of gave me an opportunity to educate Vasu and Darsh about the meaning and cons of greed.
 Vasu loves to eat Maggi and other ready-to-cook-noodles, like many other kids of his age. He would eat a plateful of Maggi even if he had just had dinner and his tummy felt full.
Darsh, on the other hand, has altogether different object of desire. He enjoys Maggi, Top Ramen, Ching's Secret and the likes but not necessarily finishes them. He is more fond of biscuits - yes, much simpler choice! 

.  दर्श को बिस्कुइट्स अच्छे लगते हैं
The other day, I had the opportunity to revise their lessons about greed from the Bubbles series.  Vasu and I ate Hot
 Garlic of Ching's Secret and it was too hot for Darsh to share. As a result, we had a lots of it and Vasu needed to be told that greed would cause stomachache. He understood. 
 
 A similar situation arose when Darsh kind of replaced dinner with biscuits and demanded "पांच" (five); each time outstretching his fingers apart and showing them to me. Actually, he was asking me for the "सारा" (entire) packet, but each time I asked him to give me a number instead and "पांच" turned out to be the biggest number he knew. 
Every time he made a crying face and demanded the entire packet instead, when I served only five biscuits in his platter. I had to threaten him of a big cow approaching outside, as she is feeling angry about his stubborn ways. (Darsh feared BIG COW)

I also convinced him that I had met his demands precisely by getting the biscuits counted by none other than his trustworthy Vasu. And yet, his demand for more biscuits would know no end. So, the third time I declined.

I referred the case of greedy Bubbles to him too... and guess how the demand came to me next time.

"मुझे  पेट  में  दर्द  चाहिए , मैं  greedy  हूँ . मुझे सारे  packet  का  biscuits दे  दो!".  (I want stomachache, I am greedy. Give me the entire packet of biscuits!)
Lessons and threats don't work on certain people, do they?

No comments: